Welcome to The Better Meta, a site dedicated to analyzing data about Hi-Rez's free-to-play, team-based, first-person shooter: Paladins. We aggregate millions of games worth of data to help you decide on your top picks and best strategies. Take a look and we're sure you'll find The Better Meta!
This site shows general trends about everyone playing Paladins. If you're looking for personalized stats about how you play, including individual champion ratings or live info on the players in your current match, come try out our TBM Discord bot or check out our post describing all the cool things it can do.
Our charts update with fresh data every day.
- Legendary (Talent) Breakdown (new!)
- Graph breaking down performance of champion legendaries (talents)
- Map Distribution (new!)
- Graph showing distribution of maps
- Matches Per Minute (new!)
- Graph showing how many matches per minute go on in different regions throughout the day
- In-Game Ranked Tiers vs TBM Ratings (new!)
- What in-game tiers are related to what TBM ratings
- In-Game Ranked Tiers Distribution (new!)
- Graph showing the distribution of in-game ranked tiers
- Individual Champion Performance
- This collection of charts shows how individual champions perform each patch
- Role Splits
- How many of each role does your team need?
- Champion Winrate by Map
- How do different champions fare on each map?
- Champion Rating Overview
- Skill ratings by champion
- Champion Effective Winrate by Skill
- How good is each champion, accounting for player skill?
- Role Composition
- Which compositions beat other compositions?
There are more in the works, so stay tuned!
Short writeups about new site features or data interpretations.
- September 16, 2019: Goodbye for Now
- June 11, 2019: New Kinds of Graphs
- October 20, 2018: Personalized Stats (Discord Bot)
- July 20, 2017: Ratings and Champion Skill
- June 18, 2017: Basic Legendaries Data
- May 4, 2017: First Look at Team Composition
- April 22, 2017: Matches Per Minute
- April 17, 2017: Welcome!